|Our client is currently looking for Restaurant General Manager based in South East London.|
The General Manager is there to ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos.
The successful candidate is responsible for the business performance, quality standards and health and safety of the restaurant, particularly in terms of marketing and business development.
As the General Manager you?ll need to :
* Be responsible for all restaurant bookings
* Have close contact with the Events Team with regard to private hire
* Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant;
* Analyse and plan restaurant sales levels and profitability;
* Organise marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes;
* Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, beverage control and sales;
* Create and execute plans for department sales, profit and staff development;
* Set budgets or agree them with senior management;
* Plan and coordinate drinks menus as the food will be done directly by the chefs.
* Coordinate the operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts;
* Recruit, train, manage and motivate staff;
* Respond to customer queries and complaints;
* Meet and greet customers, organise table reservations and offer advice about menu and wine choices;
* Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
* Check stock levels, order supplies and prepare cash drawers and petty cash.
You will need to have :
* Excellent interpersonal skills for diplomatically handling staff and customers;
* Strong written and oral communication skills for managing business admin and personnel matters;
* The ability to cope under pressure since restaurant management can be challenging;
* Good business awareness for achieving successful performance;
* Teamworking skills to be able to lead a team and be a part of it;
* Strong planning and organisational skills to run a streamlined operation;
* The ability to work independently and confidently to make your own decisions;
* Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
* Experience with catering for events
Salary : Around £35,000 depending on experience
Hours: Six 8 hour shifts per week. Five day time shifts and one event per week.
The restaurant is open 7 days per week 10am-6pm
Please forward your CV to email@example.com