|Our client provides integrated Security, Fire, TV and Data Solutions. They have experienced significant growth over the past 18-months and are now looking for a highly competent Financial Controller to join their ambitious and dynamic team. This is an ideal role for an experienced Financial Controller looking to develop their career in a vibrant and growing business, committed, to giving its customers a 5-star experience.|
They are looking for an experienced financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Development and production of insightful monthly management accounts
* Create, manage and maintain Excel spreadsheets, always ensuring data integrity is maintained, to support the production of accurate management accounts;
* Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and update schedules where applicable;
* Create and maintain schedules to account for the monthly income from annual service contract billing;
* Produce the monthly management accounts, incorporating a detailed Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, to strict deadlines for discussion with MD;
* Identify trends to enable Management to proactively take corrective action;
* Monthly review of the Debtors and Creditors reports with the MD;
* Produce monthly commentary reports for the Directors explaining variances to budget and actual for current and prior years as well as collating key operating statistics, and reporting these against KPI?s, from other departments for inclusion in this report.
Development and implementation of financial systems
* Make sure that the financial reporting systems (currently Pegasus Opera 3) remain appropriate, up-to-date and accurate for reporting the financial and operating performance of the business;
* Monitor the accuracy of postings and data in the various modules of the system. This would include the job costing module;
* Work closely with the Contracts Manager to monitor job profitability and proactively highlight any areas of potential overspend in good time to enable corrective action to be taken;
* Work closely with other department managers to produce forecasts at intervals specified by the MD.
Development and monitoring of budgets
* Develop an annual budget covering all areas of the business for each financial year working with the MD, who will overlay the sales forecast and the resultant document will then be discussed and actions were taken before being ?locked in?. This will involve close working with other department heads to collate information to successfully compile the budget;
* Produce a CAPEX budget for the business.
General financial controls
* Liaise with the bank as and when required;
* Ensure a purchase order process is in place and accepted by the business;
* Ensure purchase ledger is up to date;
* Ensure supplier payments are managed correctly and on time;
* Monitor and control credit limits of customers;
* Ensure sales invoices are processed on time and efficiently;
* Ensure debtors list is managed closely - (agree with a days-overdue goal);
* Ensure the Company?s Financial Authority Limits are kept up to date and complied with;
* Ensure the Company?s online banking authority limits are kept up to date and user access is closely monitored for joiners and leavers;
* Ensure user access rights to the Company?s fully integrated accounting and business software are kept up to date and reflect user job descriptions;
* Maintain documented processes and procedures in the Finance department and ensure any new processes are also documented to facilitate training requirements of new staff;
* Closely monitor the overheads of the business always looking for cost-saving opportunities and highlighting these two department managers and the MD;
* Proactively seek and identify areas of improvement for the business as a whole;
* Manage VAT submissions on time and ensure compliance with HMRC guidelines;
* Provide guidance to the directors on tax matters pertaining to the expenses of the business and their treatment for income and corporation tax purposes;
* Liaise with the Company?s external accountants whenever necessary to seek clarification on issues which would ensure statutory compliance;
* Manage month-end in a timely and efficient manner;
* Perform the year-end close in a timely and efficient manner.
Audit and statutory compliance
* Produce all information in a timely, clear and concise manner for the business?s external accountants to prepare and file the annual accounts and relevant tax returns;
* Be fully compliant with all statutory activity.
Relationship management within the company
* Build and encourage relationships across the business, in particular with the sales and operations teams, to ensure the smooth running of the Finance Department;
* Be seen as a key player within the management team;
* Drive initiatives where appropriate across the business;
* Communicate effectively and warmly;
* Goal (job plans) and manage the finance team so they can succeed;
* Determine any training needs for the finance department.
* Monthly submission of payroll data to the Companies payroll provider, checking accuracy of their workings and processing the employee bank transfers to strict deadlines;
* Assist in the annual renewals of the Company?s insurances and ensure adequate cover is maintained to mitigate the Company?s exposure to financial loss.
* Financial control of Demon Properties inc all necessary statutory compliance
* Strong organisational and prioritisation skills;
* High Computer Literacy, particularly in Excel and accounting software packages;
* Attention to detail;
* Solutions focused;
* Results Focused;
* Productive & efficient;
* Good communicator;
* Supervision and management of a small Finance team;
* Ability to motivate and lead the Finance team and provide training and feedback;
* Team player.
* Proven working experience as a Financial controller;
* ACCA/CIMA Qualified (5+ years post qualified working experience);
* Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
* Experience with creating financial statements on excel or using financial reporting software;
* Ability to analyse data and present it in a clear and concise manner which is easily understood by non-finance users of the data;
* Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
* Excellent accounting software user and administration skills with an ability to interrogate the system should this be required;
* Experience with Pegasus Opera Software Package an advantage.
Salary - £50,000.00 per annum + Bonus
Hours - 40 hours per week
Holiday - 28 days (inc bank holidays)
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org