|Our client is an advanced materials company that is making a difference in the ever-changing world in which we live. Employees have the opportunity to do exciting and interesting work helping their customers produce innovative products and services that you use every day. Products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, precision optical filters, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings and engineered clad and plated metal systems.|
These materials are in the mobile devices you carry with you, on the planes and automobiles you travel in, in the medical equipment that helps ensure your health, they are used by the organizations that provide the energy their modern society relies on, and the high technology that fuels global communications, satellite imagery, and space exploration.
Our client employs around 650 people worldwide and manufactures most of its products in the United States. There are sales and customer service offices in Maastricht (NL) and Hungerford (UK) to serve the European market.
Under the direction of the European Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service/Inside Sales
Representative will be part of the European Customer Service Team and be responsible for a combination of inside sales and customer support activities. Our client?s customers as well as their products are technical in nature.
* Provide excellent customer service by answering technical questions on products, expedite orders and manage credit problems and customer complaints.
* Performing contract reviews to match customer drawings and specifications.
* Referring complex requests to the necessary parties, such as Product Manager, Production, Finance, Engineering or Sales Supervisor.
* Validating and entering orders with each manufacturing facility and tracking of the manufacture through to delivery.
* Receiving, validating and following up on customer inquiries and provide customers and prospects with accurate quotations, terms of sale and all other appropriate information.
* Utilising the business systems in the preparation of quotes and dissemination of information pertinent to the business.
* IT Literate ideally incl. SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, OSI and Lotus notes
* Working closely with Regional Manager(s) to establish weekly goals.
* Participation as part of the Customer Service Team, attending daily meetings as necessary.
Initial Training will be in the Hungerford office (a short walk from the station or within a 10 mile drive from Newbury), which is enhanced by travel to receive further training at their manufacturing facilities based in the USA.
Education and Experience:
* Education: A degree in a technical field or equivalent vocational experience within a Customer Service role providing advice relating to metals/engineering/technical/chemical/mathematical products
* Minimum of 2 years? experience within a Customer Service role ideally in a `technical` environment
* Working knowledge of SAP ERP system a benefit but not essential as training will be provided
* An ability to pick up new products and processes quickly ideally within a technical / chemical / mathematical environment
* Good IT competence including proficiency in MS office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
* Excellent communication and influencing skills.
* Must have the ability to interact at all levels with the company and also with external customers.
* Strong customer service skills.
* High level of professionalism.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a professional team.
* Highly motivated.
* A `can do` attitude.
* Efficient time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and follow up.
* Highly proactive.
* Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Adaptability and flexibility.
* Attention to detail/accuracy.
37.5 hours per week. 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: £25,000.00 - 26,000.00 per annum + benefits and bonus.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to email@example.com