|SECURITY JOBS and CAREERS (SJC123) IS A FAST-EXPANDING UK SECURITY JOBS SEARCH SITE. SJC123 IS DESIGNED TO FIND LOCAL GUARDS, FOR LOCAL JOBS.|
IMPORTANT NOTICE: 1) SECURITY JOB AND CAREERS WILL CREATE JOB SEEKERS ONLINE PROFILE TO SPEED UP STAFF HIRING PROCESS. 2) SJC123 ADMIN TEAM WILL EMAIL ALL JOB SEEKERS THEIR LOGIN DETAIL. 3) ALL JOB SEEKERS WILL UPLOAD PHOTOS AND COMPLETE THEIR ONLINE JOB APPLICATION FORM (OAF).
On behalf of Mitie , we are currently seeking a full-time professional and customer focused Retail Security Officer.
Reporting to the Security Operations Manager the Security Officer will be based at a number retail stores within the Bradford On Avon and Melksham areas and will be responsible for providing a highly visible and proactive security presence in a fast paced and demanding environment.
* Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel
* Provide a customer friendly, reassuring, professional security presence
* Provide a visible security contact for customers and staff
* Provide excellent customer service
* Loss prevention
* Deterring anti-social behaviour, theft and criminal activity
* Liaising with the Police and store management were required
* Completing reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities.
* Dealing with any difficult situations that arise in a safe and professional manner.
* Monitoring the store CCTV
Key Skills and Experience Required
* Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection SIA licence (or have passed the relevant SIA training and hold valid certificates).
* A full five year checkable employment / education history
* Experience of delivering Customer Service
* Previous experience in a similar role is desirable not essential
* Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
Successful applicants to the position of Retail Security Officer will be working approximately 9-12 hours per day between 07:00-23:00 on a 5 out of 7 shift Pattern up to 45 hours per week. ( Must be able to work some Sundays, please only apply if you can meet all of these requirements) and will be offered a competitive hourly rate with an excellent range of company benefits, pension, comprehensive and ongoing training and uniform.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.20 /hour
* Security: 1 year preferred but not essential as in house training will be provided
Required licences or certifications:
* Drivers Licence (preferred but not essential providing public transport links are suitable)
NOTE: If you haven?t been contacted within 2 weeks, it means that your profile hasn?t been shortlisted this time, however, your file will remain on our database and similar job alerts will be e-mailed to you once they become available.
Please Note that we are looking for serious applicants only and this is on a First Come First Serve basis.
CANDIDATE PROVIDING FULL NAME, CV AND EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BE GIVEN FIRST PREFERENCE IN SELECTION.