|Our client is a UK market leader in business rescue and recovery and professional business services provider. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and employing more than 550 staff across a network of 50+ UK offices they have developed a market-leading reputation for their services.|
These services include; independent professional advice and solutions in corporate recovery and restructuring as well as corporate finance, forensic accounting, investigations and risk consulting. They also provide expert advice on issues such as; due diligence services, property consultancy and strategy through their property division, across the length and breadth of the UK.
Due to business growth and in order to strengthen their resource, they are now recruiting for the following position:
Forensic Executive/Assistant Manager : Manchester - Monday : Friday 36.25 hrs
If you are a qualified ACA or ACCA accountant who is looking for a broader scope to work within and take a more hands on role, then this might be just the role for you. There is real potential to be more involved with your clients as well as learning to do reports and ultimately supporting the process from end to end (with full support and guidance from the senior team members).
If you have forensic accounting experience this would be advantageous although our client is happy for someone who hasn?t done this before but wants to get into forensic accounting, or has maybe done audit work and wants to diversify their skill set. We are open to your experience and background if you are able to demonstrate a strong CV/work history and a desire to move into forensics.
Dependant on your experience, our client is open to consider either a Forensic Executive or an Assistant Manager to join their team.
The role will involve client interaction and typically will include you assisting in the financial analysis, report writing and client meetings that are the cornerstones of the Forensic Accounting service our client offers, which covers a variety of litigation cases, including:
* Commercial disputes
* Business / share valuations
* Matrimonial disputes
* Personal injury / medical accident
* Criminal defence
This role requires commercial awareness, excellent inter-personal skills and good attention to detail, together with the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external.
Duties will include:
* Summarise and analyse financial data
* Perform technical accounting and internet research
* Prepare calculations
* Draft schedules and reports, including for submission to court
* Liaise with instructing solicitors and clients
* Participate in the development of customer proposals
* Handle engagement procedures, from client set-up and conflict checks through to billing and debt collection
* Participate in marketing activities
We are looking for:
* Accounting qualification - ACA, ACCA or equivalent with at least 2 years PQE
* Some experience in Forensic Accounting would be advantageous, but not essential
* Ability to demonstrate subject matter expertise in accounting and auditing practices
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to describe complex technical concepts and ideas in non-technical form, for the layman
* Proficiency with key software tools including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Willingness to assist colleagues in other locations on an ad hoc basis
* Capacity to work to and meet deadlines
* A proactive approach in offering solutions to problems, ideas for improvement etc.
In return you can expect:
* Circa £28-£38k salary (dependant on experience)
* 23 days holiday increasing after 3 years? service to max of 26 days
* 3% Salary Sacrifice pension scheme : company matching contribution
* 4 x Annual salary Life assurance cover
* 75% Critical Illness Cover
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Share Incentive Plan
* Cycle to work scheme
This really is a great opportunity to join an established and experienced professional team, where your career can move forward and your reputation can be built.
If you are interested in applying for the above positions and embark on a rewarding career please e-mail your CV to: email@example.com or call Sharon on: 0161 359 3111 quoting reference number: SS2825 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ?JOB ALERTS? ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ?LIKE? OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED