|Outline of role|
Our Beauty Studio Manager works with their team to provide an excellent service to customers within the Beauty Studio environment and reflects our vision, mission and values. As well as working as a Senior Stylist, the Beauty Studio Manager is responsible for overseeing the people and the operation in the following areas of the studio:
* Hair Salon
* Barber Shop
* All areas of beauty therapy (Nails, brow & Lash and treatment rooms)
Every day is different in our Beauty Studio so our Beauty Studio Manager must constantly ensure customers? needs are identified and met by:
* Manage the studio team to provide an excellent service to customers within the Beauty Studio environment.
* Team management including performance, rotas and training for the team (approximately 15 stylists/barbers/beauty therapists).
* Ensuring that customers are welcomed and leave with ?That Superdrug Feeling? and deal professionally with all customer queries and complaints.
* Encouraging the team to upsell to customers in the Superdrug store and create interest in the rest of the Beauty Studio zone.
* Continuously mentor and manage the team, continue your learning and share knowledge with your team to maximise sales and deliver exceptional service.
* Carry out treatments in a relaxed, friendly and clean environment.
* Book customer?s appointments with efficient time allocated for each appointment.
* Schedule each area of the salon to ensure the right people, with the right skill, are in the right place, at the right time.
* Take ownership for the ordering and management of salon stock.
* Leading by example to ensure the best consultation and advice takes place with customers, especially when providing a colour service.
* Operating the cash register to receive payments from customers and ensuring the correct cash up procedures are followed at the start and the end of the day, supporting the wider store with this task if needed.
Promoting and demonstrating products for retail
To come on board as a Superdrug Beauty Studio Manager, you will have:
* NCQ level 3 minimum and ideally up to NVQ level 4
* Have Outstanding communication skills
* Established back ground in hair dressing. barbering and beauty therapy
* Previous management experience of a similar size team.
* Have experience in leadership or assessing. NVQ level 4 :Leadership or management qualification is ideal.
* Functionally capable, demonstrates the breadth and depth of functional technical knowledge that is required to carry out the role to a high level.
* Has scientific approach to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
* Builds relationships and relates well to all kinds of people, building appropriate rapport and creating constructive and effective relationships.
* Enjoys working in a busy ever changing retail environment and has the drive to succeed.
* Good commercial understanding
* Able and willing to travel to support the business and own personal development.
Ideally would also have experience of Brow Threading and Nail Application.
About our company Our Beauty Studio offers pampering in-store. Services include brow & lash treatments, manicures, pedicures, lash extensions, spray tanning and full hair salon and barbering services. Our Beauty Studio offers customers the best treatments and products using professional product ranges.
Superdrug is part of the AS Watson Group and is the United Kingdom's second-largest beauty and health retailer currently operating over 800 stores in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. We currently have 200 in-store pharmacies.
Our purpose is quite simply to be the best in everyday accessible beauty and health. We are committed to bring innovation and the latest styles and trends to every high street in the UK and Southern Ireland at fantastic prices