|We are looking to recruit an English / French bilingual customer services clerk for our client who is a small road haulage and freight forwarding company that operates from UK to France and mainly handles export. We are looking for someone with the ability to both speak and write in French as well as English and has excellent, phone based customer service skills. This is an immediate start for the right person.|
You would be working in a very small team so if you are used to a big and busy work environment then this is unlikely to be the right role for you. Everyone supports everybody else and it is very much a team dynamic that keeps the proverbial ?wheels in motion?. As an export company, you will be dealing with anything road/freight related, so any experience in this field would be desirable but is not essential. Training can be given and we are looking for someone who wants to work within a transport/distribution function.
This is a varied role with the main focus being on providing excellent customer service at all times as this is how they have built their reputation. Experience within a customer service role is key, along with your ability to communicate in both French and English as 90% of the customers are English (the remaining 10% French) but as the company subcontract mainly to French hauliers, fluency in both English and French is essential (both verbal and written)
Customer liaison / customers services:
* Taking orders / bookings
* Quoting customers
* Following up on quotes
* Answering queries from existing customers and potential new customers (trailer availability, transit time etc)
* Ensuring orders go smoothly from collection to delivery
* Solving problems
* Liaising with network of hauliers / trailer providers / contractors
* Sourcing trailer capacity
* Negotiating rates
* Organising transport operations by road as per customers? requirements
* Monitoring transports
* Updating and reporting back to customers delivering a faultless customer service
Admin related duties:
* Ensure costing and relevant information is accurately recorded before being sent to invoicing dept
* Liaise with branch manager re: new enquiries
* General admin associated with busy export business
We are looking for someone who has:
* Fluency in both English and French : both spoken and written
* Experienced in a phone based customer service role
* Good organisational skills
* The desire to work in a small team environment
The hours are 8.30 to 5.30 Monday to Friday. We are able to offer a salary between £18-22k dependent on experience, a good working environment with a friendly team, 25 days holidays per annum and free car parking. (You must be able to travel independently to Trafford Park due to poor transport links).
This role is to start immediately and we can interview within 48 hours of a suitable application.
If you are interested in this position please contact Sharon on 01613593111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: 2836 and where you saw the job advertised.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ?JOB ALERTS? ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ?LIKE? OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED