|About The Role|
Exciting opportunity for a Project Worker based in our Newhaven Foyer, key working a case load of young people who are homeless or who have recently experienced homelessness.
At saha we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, good quality housing services, support and resettlement.
The Project Worker will be working with young people who have experienced homelessness in a psychologically informed environment (training provided) and will engage creatively with clients to:
- Grow their strengths and talents
- Develop their skills and resources to transform their lives
- Support tenancy sustainment
- Improve understanding of financial management
- Enable better health and wellbeing
- Move on to independent living
About The Candidate
You will be passionate about making a difference and thrive in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same. You will instinctively work in a manner that aligns fully with saha`s delivery values and behaviours, demonstrating energy and passion, along with a positive, can do attitude in your daily contribution to transforming lives.
You will be able to:
- Motivate young people to recognise and unlock their talents to enable them to achieve their full potential.
- Engage and relate to young people aged 16-25 years.
- Build trusting, professional relationships and have a high level of resilience.
- Take an asset-based approach to empowering people to develop their skills, strengths and talents
- Support clients to sustain their accommodation and manage their license agreement
- Have good knowledge or experience of working with homeless people, and / or supporting vulnerable people or groups,
- Have a good idea of the wider community resources and organisations available to support our clients and be comfortable dealing with difficult or complex situations.
- Apply safeguarding principles and practices which will be at the core of your work
- You will need to be able to participate in a shift rolling rota system over 7 days
We really want you to be able to succeed in your work with saha, so in return for helping to transform lives, we want to help you to transform your lifestyle by giving you access to some great benefits in addition to the above salary package. This includes for example,
- 26 days annual leave (pro rata) rising to 31 days
- A high street discount scheme (great savings both on and off-line)
- Pension with life assurance
- Health assistance programme
- A full Induction Package and training relevant to the role as well as
- Training opportunities to aide your own personal and professional development
About The Company
At saha we transform lives by providing accommodation and support for some of the most vulnerable members of our society, mainly people experiencing homelessness.
We are a Registered Social Landlord and across the UK we are one of the leading providers of supported housing, providing a wide range of supported accommodation options for vulnerable people including, young homeless people, care leavers, adult homeless, people with complex needs, young parents (and their children), survivors of domestic abuse, ex-offenders and those suffering from drug and alcohol problems and poor mental health.
Our teams work with people to build on their strengths, creating person centred, individualised strategies and plans that transform lives, support recovery, and enable positive behaviour.